Wednesday, April 17, 2013

It's Tomorrow!!!

Our very first poetry slam competition is tomorrow!! I know that we have all been stressed, with this and testing going on at the same time. But even through all of this, you have maintained your composure. And despite hard times, I see you work even harder. I am so proud of the way you are able to channel your energy into your writing. I admire the way you all are able to open up your heart and share your stories. Pain. No shame. 

You
are
so
brave

I love that you all are able to come together in an atmosphere of love and understanding. Not judging. I'm moved by the way you extend your arm out to one another to say, "hey, you're not alone. Me too. Let's walk this road together". 

Know that your story is priceless

 I just want to say that in the short weeks I have known you, I have seen you all grow so much. I am so proud of the way you always strive to be better not just as writers or performers, but as people as well. Thank you for allowing me insight into your heart. 

With that said, here are some things I want you to remember:

Remember that poetry is our reason to de-stress,
to express
our reason to have fun
 to connect
communicate
to empower
inspire
love
heal

REMEMBER THAT POETRY IS OUR REASON FOR EXISTING

Now go out and share your story
 and while you share yours,
 make new ones too

Breathe
Have fun
Be silly, unique
Appreciate the different types of people you'll meet


I know you can do this
I believe in you
This is your moment

Love, Ms. Wu

No comments:

Post a Comment